Charity Frequently Asked Questions

Registering as a Charitable Organization

  • $15 for single organizations collecting under $1 million

  • $50 for organizations collecting over $1 million

  • $50 for parent organizations with affiliates under same registration

See Forms and Fees.

*The above annual fees are in addition to the Secretary of State Annual Report filing fee required for corporations, cooperative associations, limited liability company, limited partnership, limited liability partnership. See File Annual Reports for more information.

Contact the Charities Division for further assistance regarding charitable organizations.​​​​

If we may be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us:  304.558.8000   toll free 866.767.8683  email: