Veteran Owned Business Waiver

When it comes to serving veterans, West Virginia means business!

Veteran Owned Business Waiver Requirements (West Virginia Code 59-1-2a)

The applicant(s) must provide proof of honorable discharge or proof of discharge under honorable conditions by submitting a copy of their Veteran Affairs Form DD214 along with their initial business registration application.

A copy of your Form DD214 which may be obtained by contacting the National Personnel Records Center - Military Personnel Records.

Register your veteran-owned business conveniently online at One Stop Business Portal.

If you prefer to file by paper application, you may complete the appropriate application by selecting from among the various business entity applications available in our Forms Search.

Veteran Resources

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

West Virginia Department of Veterans Assistance

Small Business Association (SBA) - Boots To Business

Small Business Association (SBA) - Office of Veterans Business Development | Resources

U.S. Department of Agriculture - Veterans in Agriculture

West Virginia Department of Agriculture - Veterans and Warriors to Agriculture


If we may be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us:  304.558.8000   toll free 866.767.8683  email: