When an entity converts from one type of business structure to another type (ex: from a corporation to a limited liability company), conversion documents must be filed with Secretary of State accompanied by the required conversion filing fee.

Online filing is not available for conversions. The Secretary of State provides standardized forms to file certain types of conversions. These include the following:


Filing: $25.00

However, West Virginia Code does not permit all business structures to convert from one business structure to another in a single step. In these cases, the existing registered business must file:

  1. Required dissolution, withdrawal or cancellation documents and pay the associated fee, and

  2. File the new charter documents and pay the new business registration fee associated with that type of business structure.


If your business’s conversion does not match the examples above, contact the Business division for further assistance filing the conversion.​​​

If we may be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us:  304.558.8000   toll free 866.767.8683  email: