Ordering and Payment
How to Order and Pay for Services
Placing Your Order
You can help speed your service by specifying clearly the information or service you need. See Order Copies, Certifications & Services.
- Order by Mail: Send your request to:
Secretary of State
Bldg. 1, Suite 157-K
1900 Kanawha Blvd. East
Charleston, WVA 25305-0770
- Order by Phone or Fax: Use these numbers to place your order.
Remember, payment must be received before the service can be returned to you.
|Business Division Phone:
|All Other Divisions Phone:
- Check: Make checks payable to "West Virginia Secretary of State" and mail with your application or request for service. If an invoice has been issued for your service, be sure to include the invoice or the invoice number with your request. Remember, payment must be received before services can be rendered. Please make check for exact amount of service. Returned Check Fee: A $25 service charge is applied to returned checks.
- Credit Card: We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- If ordering online, the cardholder information is required to complete the transaction.
- If odering by phone, you will need the invoice number of the transaction to provide to the cashier to process the payment.
- If ordering by mail, you must include the e-payment Authorization form with your filing request to provide credit card information.
- Cash: Walk-in customers may pay by cash, but change usually cannot be made for $100 bills. Please do not send cash by mail.
- Prepaid Accounts: Regular customers may establish a prepaid account by depositing a minimum of $300. The account is assigned an ID, and customers are provided with sequentially numbered prepaid transaction slips which can be used to order services by mail, walk-in or fax. Authorized signatures are required on orders, and any order that would reduce the balance below zero cannot be processed. Customers receive a monthly accounting of transactions. Address written requests for information to the attention of the Cashier at the mailing address above.