Home | Business4WV
Font size: A-  A  A+

 Authorized Late Registration

Certain military and overseas voters have the opportunity to register and vote absentee when they return to West Virginia too late to register to vote in an election. If you are a member of uniformed service or merchant marines, you are working overseas in support of national security, or you are a spouse or dependent thereof, you may qualify for late voter registration. If you are a qualifying voter who wishes to register to vote after the deadline, you must submit your voter registration form in person at the County Clerk’s office. Be sure to bring along the following documentation:

  • A current and valid photo identification; or a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other government document that shows your name and address
  • Member of uniformed service or merchant marines: an official discharge notice or military orders
  • Citizen residing overseas because of employment in support of national security: an affidavit from your employer which certifies that your job was in support of national security
  • Spouse or dependent of one of the above: a copy of your spouse’s/parent’s official military orders or discharge notice or a notarized affidavit from your spouse’s/parent’s employer


You must have Adobe Reader to download the PDF files linked above. To download Adobe Reader or see tips for using it, go to Adobe Reader Help