Home | Business4WV
Font size: A-  A  A+

 How do you request searches?

Search Request Information


  • $10.00 per debtor name searched (certificate with debtor name and file numbers at no extra charge)
  • $1.00 per page for copies of filings

*Effective 7/12/2013 the fee schedule has changed for UCC requested filings.

Order Online!

Try the no-hassle way to order UCC searches at the new and improved UCC Online Filing, Search & Retrieval System.  The system will enable you to search the UCC database, order certified and noncertified searches and download documents directly to your computer.  The application uses the State of West Virginia secure payment processor managed by the State Treasurer.

Preparing Your Order

  • You may wish to use the UCC-11 form to prepare your search request, but it is not required.
  • Specify clearly the last and first name of each debtor.
    • If you only list a name and use no comma between, such as Leonard Carl, the second word will be searched as the last name.
    • If you use a comma, such as Leonard, Carl, the first word will be searched as the last name.

Unless you specifically request otherwise, only currently active filings will be listed in the search results.

Order by Fax or Email:

Please specify:  

  • Your name
  • The name of the company or person to be invoiced
  • How you prefer to be invoiced (by fax, mail or e-mail)
  • Your contact information (address, fax, telephone or e-mail)
  • How you want search results returned (list with certification, complete copies of all filings, partial copies of filings such as first page only)

Order by Mail

Mail order and $10.00 for each name to be searched to:

UCC Division
Secretary of State
Bldg 1, Suite 157-K
1900 Kanawha Blvd. East
Charleston, WV  25305

  • Please do not estimate the search fee and send a check for an additional amount. Refunds are costly.  We can provide better service by invoicing you.
  • The Secretary of State is not authorized to provide search results prior to payment.
  • Your search will be invoiced as soon as it is complete.
  • You may remit payment by mail or use your credit card.
  • Frequent customers using prepaid accounts may continue to use the prepaid request forms to simultaneously order the search and authorize payment from your prepaid account.

Requesting Searches from County Clerks

You may use the UCC-11County form to request searches from any county clerk's office.  To find the contact information for the specific county you need, search our Federal, State & Local Directories.